To inspire, empower & educate individuals to live extraordinary lives in harmony with nature and each other.
Eleni drank deep from the Yoga cup in 1995 while practicing law in Sydney, Australia. She soon completed the renowned Sydney Yoga Center’s teacher training course, quit the legal profession and followed her dream to teach Yoga full time.
In 2004 she ventured to Los Angeles and began intensive study with Robert Birnberg, a senior student in the Krishnamacharya Lineage. The central focus of her studies was the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali , the planet’s first spiritual psychology text and Yoga therapy manual.
She is a certified Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist (CAS), a Pancha Karma Specialist (PKS) and a Western Herbalist. Today, she has a thriving clinical Ayurvedic practice and creates confident home healers with her popular “Ayurvedic Skills for Living” courses. She is a beloved faculty member at the California College of Ayurveda, where she teaches and mentors students and Loyola Marymount University’s Yoga Therapy & Ayurvedic program.
Eleni’s extensive knowledge of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Positive Psychology supports her fierce passion for teaching and healing. A lifelong student, she continues to study with Mary Thompson, senior teacher at CCA, and renowned herbalist, KP Khalsa, and her Yoga teacher and husband, Robert Birnberg.
Key to Abbreviations
- Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, CAS. The highest accreditation offered by California College of Ayurveda (CCA)
- Member of NAMA, National Ayurvedic Accrediting Organization
- Pancha Karma Specialist, PKS: Offers body therapies & cleansing modalities of Ayurveda
- Western Herbalist, One who has completed membership requirements of the American Herbalist Guild
- Certified Yoga teacher, 19 years study in the lineage of T.Krichnamacharaya.
- Faculty California College of Ayurveda, 2008 to present
- Faculty Loyola Marymount University YRX, 2012 to present
- Faculty Loyola Marymount University Ayurveda Program 2016
- Previous Degrees B.A. UNSW 1984, LLB. UTS 1990