AYURVEDIC HEALTH COUNSELOR INTERNSHIP
Students seeking accreditation with the National Ayurvedic Medical Association ( NAMA) must also complete an internship.
Our internship training consists of 50 supervised patient visits and six online classes over a nine month period. Finally, students must receive a passing grade on NAMA’s entrance exam.
Ayurvedic Health Counselors are able to confidently evaluate and provide reports to patient’s, assessing their constitution and imbalance (prakriti and vikruti). Counselors provide follow-up care designed to reduce and reverse patient Vikruti symptoms by recommending dietary and lifestyle changes that may include:
- Herbal formulas to enhance and balance the digestive system
- Practices that support the health of the body and the removal of wastes
- Practices that strengthen Ojas
- Asana, Pranayayma and Meditation practices to stabilize/ pacify VPK.
- Palliative practices to stabilize excess Dosha
- Use of 5 sensory therapies